The Wayne County, Indiana, Foundation, Inc. exists to foster and encourage private philanthropic giving, to enhance the spirit of community and to improve the quality of life in the Wayne County, Indiana area now and for future generations.
To accomplish this mission, the Foundation will:
- Be responsible stewards of contributed assets in accordance with donor wishes and the governing instruments of the foundation.
- Champion private giving for the public good among the people of Wayne County.
- Provide a flexible, efficient and lasting way for donors to accomplish their philanthropic goals.
- Make grants and provide counsel and assistance that will have a significant impact upon recipients and will address community needs.
- Encourage collaboration and cooperation among funders and service providers to address community needs.
- Serve as a catalyst when Foundation leadership is necessary to focus attention on critical needs in Wayne County.